Shogakukan revealed on Tuesday that Hajime musashino‘s Kabaddi on fire (Shakunetsu KabaddiThe sports manga inspires a play that will take place at the 1010 Theater in Tokyo from February 18 to 27. (Staff will air the first and last performances of the play, although there have been no announcements of plans overseas yet.) Shatner nishida directs the play from a script by Shō Kubota.
The cast includes:
- Rui Tabuchi as Tatsuya Yoigoshi
- Shōta Takasaki as Masato Ōjō
- Kaiki Ōhara as Sōma Azemichi
- Yūga Iwasaki as Kei Iura
- Atsuki Kashio as Kyōhei Misumi
- Shunsuke Kobayakawa as Shinji Date
- Takuya Kishimoto as Nobutaka Ban
- Yūya Miyashita as Ryūta Seki
- Yū Miyazaki as Yûki Hitomi
- Bishin Kawasumi as Ayumu Rokugen
- Keisuke Kaminaga as Ren Takaya
- Soshō Tomimoto as Shintarō Kizaki
- Haruki Mochida as Yū Eikura
- Taishin Hirano as Daisuke Muroya
The story of the manga centers around Tatsuya Yoigoshi, a first year high school student, a former football player who does not like sports. He is invited to join a team for contact sport kabaddi. He scoffs at the idea at first, but becomes interested in it after seeing a kabaddi practice.
The manga debuted on Shogakukan‘s Manga ONE application and Ura Sunday website in 2015. The series made it to the list of the 20 best manga for male readers in the 2017 edition of Takarajimashait’s Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (This manga is amazing!) Guide.
The manga inspired a TV anime that premiered on April 2. Crisp aired the anime when it aired in Japan.
Sources: Kabaddi on fire Website of the play, Comic Natalie